Sunday, April 22, 2012

Prom dress

I had a great time at prom!! Here's the finished dress:

Here's how I made my dress.

It started out with my mom's bridesmaid dress. I didn't like the top but loved the color and flow of the bottom.

Then came the Taylor Swift inspiration.


I found this fabric that was perfect for what I had in mind for the belt.

I searched for black sequin fabric and didn't find one I liked. I did find a dress on overstock.com for $25. It was a few sizes too big but I knew I could take it in. I originally planned on cutting the top off and using it. But, when it came in the mail and I tried it on I liked it as a dress. I ended up being able to keep the dress tucked under the skirt of the bridesmaid dress. Yay!

I also can use the bottom portion of the dress as another dress when pulled up and belted. 3 dresses in one! For less than $30!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love reading your comments and respond (via email) to each comment!

Pin It button on image hover