Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving should be daily

We should give thanks daily.
Everyone reading this is blessed. 
You have access to a computer, 78% of the world does not. 
You have adequate shelter, 23% of the world does not. 
You have an abundant amount of clean drinking water unlike 13% of the world (source). 
You are reading this, a billion people could not do that.
If you got sick, you could easily go to a doctor where 270 million people do not have that option. (source)
While you enjoy your Thanksgiving feast, 16,000 children will die today, hungry.
Maybe you're not wealthy based on US standards. Yet, you probably make more than $10 a day, where 80% of the world makes less than that.

I don't want to write this to make you feel guilty. God has blessed you.
But, 
God has blessed you for a reason
Share your wealth.

Focus on what what you can give, not what you need.




Focus on the good blessings, not the bad situations in your life.
Be grateful for your home, family, food, and health.
God has blessed you and will bless you.
Thanksgiving should be daily.


I leave you with this prayer:
O God, when I have food,
help me to remember the hungry;
When I have work,
help me to remember the jobless;
When I have a home,
help me to remember those who have no home at all;
When I am without pain,
help me to remember those who suffer,
And remembering,
help me to destroy my complacency;
bestir my compassion,
and be concerned enough to help;
By word and deed,
those who cry out for what we take for granted.
Amen.
-Samuel F. Pugh
source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love reading your comments and respond (via email) to each comment!

Pin It button on image hover