Monday, December 31, 2012

Two Thousand Twelve {recap}

Here's some questions from Covered in Grace to recap the year of 2012. Scroll down for the link up of my favorite posts of each month.

What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? Start this blog and I'm glad I did. 



Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't remember making any resolutions or maybe I just didn't keep them. I always try to grow my relationship with God and I did keep that one :) I'm thinking of making a resolution to do a 365 photo challenge.
Did anyone close to you give birth? No :( 
What countries did you visit? Guatemala and Cozumel, Mexico along with a road trip to Montana, USA.
See more sunsets from my travels in this post.
What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? A larger blog reader base!
What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory? My mission trips in June and July.  December 14th, the day of the CT elementary shooting.  
Stocking memorial for the children who couldn't celebrate Christmas with their families again. source
What was your biggest achievement of the year? Starting this blog!
What was your biggest failure? I think leaving some things undone and unsaid.
Did you suffer illness or injury? Thankfully nothing serious.
What was the best thing you bought? Does a hair cut count? I got my bangs back in February and ombre last month!
read more here
Where did most of your money go? Meaning my parents money since I don't have a job... 
What did you get really, really, really excited about? TRAVEL!
What song will always remind you of 2012? This is a tough question! I went and saw Andy Grammer live and love his song Keep Your Head Up.

Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Happier :)
Thinner or fatter? Fatter from all those Christmas cookies ;)
Richer or poorer? Richer in spirit 
What do you wish you’d done more of? Pray.
What do you wish you’d done less of? Worry.
Who were your best friends? These girls :)

This was last January at a concert.

What thing did you do that was meaningful to others? I gave my time to the people of the Crow Reservation (read more) and in Antigua, Guatemala.
What was your favorite TV program? Greys Anatomy, Friends, Big Bang Theory, Ben and Kate, Parenthood, Modern Family, Gilmore Girls, Revolution  to name a few :)
source
Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate is a strong word, but I guess you could say I'm disappointed in some people that I wasn't last year.
What was the best book you read?  So many! I read the Hunger Games trilogy which was great. Kisses from Katie was wonderful especially after my summer of mission trips. See this post
What was your greatest musical discovery? I love Phillip Phillips and Ben Howard. I discovered them both just this year.
What did you want and get? A new camera: Nikon D5100.

What did you want and not get? An iphone... 
What was your favorite film of this year? That's so difficult because I love any chick flick! I saw Les Miserables last week which I though was really well done. I also liked the Hunger Games movie (more than Breaking Dawn). 
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 17 last August. I had a relaxing day with tennis practice in the morning, coffee with a friend in the afternoon and time with my family in the evening. 
See this post.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not having to do all those college applications ;) 
What kept you sane? My faith in Jesus.
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I look up to model/actress Nicole Wieder and the work she does on Project Inspired
picture from her Facebook page
What political issue stirred you the most? I don't pay much attention since I'm not of voting age but  the Minnesota same-sex marriage amendment which was defeated-yay! Read this article written by my cousin for Bethel's newspaper.
Who did you miss? My friends from Trout Lake Camps where I volunteered this summer.

Who was the best new person you met this year? I met some great people at Bethel and in the blogger world :)
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012: The only perfect friendship is with Jesus.
Quote that sums up your year: 
read more here
And these are my favorite posts from each month:
April: I started my blog. I posted a easy DIY of a Hair Bow. It went crazy on Pinterest with over 500 pins!
May: My next big DIY of a Tulle Headband. 
June: I recapped my mission trip.
July: A little slow on my part because of travels. But I got some great pictures of fireworks on the 4th!
August: My birthday post was great :) I loved taking those pictures.
September: My fall Wednesday Style featuring my beloved boots and some plaid.
October: I loved writing about what brings me joy. I also conquered my first big sewing project-a maxi skirt.
November: By far my most popular post, my new knitting hobby was founded and an infinity scarf was created.
December: This outfit was a favorite of mine. Along with the hair and necklace tutorials in that post.
Covered in Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love reading your comments and respond (via email) to each comment!

Pin It button on image hover