Monday, January 7, 2013

Encouraging Word {Lamentations}

Picture taken on my phone of a frozen lake.


Lamentations 3:22-23, 32-33
Because of the Lord 's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness. 
Though he brings grief, he will show compassion,
so great is his unfailing love. 
For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to anyone. 

Listen to the hymn Great is Thy Faithfulness by my former voice teacher, Ami Anderson. 
Also, check out her music blog.
Here are the lyrics to the hymn as Ami sings them:

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever, forever will be
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy, mercy and love.

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand, ten thousand beside!

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness,
Great is Thy faithfulness,
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Linking up: Peacoats and Plaid

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. What a wonderful way to start the new week!

    Hi There,

    Stopping by from the GFC link up to share some aloha and to follow your story here. If you're up for a bit of a ride I'd love, love it if you'd join me at Local Sugar Hawaii . We're riding the wave of life together-- it's a sweet thing. 'hope to see ya soon.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very inspiring and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing and I am following you now. I would love for you to follow along.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2013/01/dos-and-dont-for-2013.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love reading your comments and respond (via email) to each comment!

Pin It button on image hover