Thursday, January 3, 2013

Liebster Award

Thank you so much to 
Sara @ Flower Land and Kindra @ Trying to be Who I Am and Kaylynn @ Colb, Kay and T.Rae
for nominating me for this award.

What is the Liebster Award? 

The Liebster Award's origins are pretty much a mystery. Bloggers nominate other bloggers that have 200 or less followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite,” so this is kind of like the “favorite blog award.” It's basically a "Hey, that's a sweet little blog you've got there. Here's an award!" You can't just accept the award. You have to play by the (ever changing) rules and pay it forward. Then you can put the award on your blog for all to see. 

  
Rules of the Liebster Award: 

1. List 11 facts about yourself. 
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate. 
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award. 
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. 

11 random facts about myself. 
1. I love SCUBA diving and would like to swim with sharks one day.
2. I like cross country skiing in the winter (as long as it's not too cold!).
3. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
4. Summer is my favorite season.
5. I go between thinking I own too many shoes to not owning enough.
6. In the summer, I don't wear shoes most days.
7. I am already counting down the days until spring break-70 days.
8. I think living in Paris would be fun.
9. I recently applied for my first real job-ahhh!
10. I'm reading What Is He Thinking?? By Rebecca St. James right now.
11. I'm horrible at coming up with these facts-it's taken me way too long.

Questions from Kindra:
1. What are your hobbies?
Tennis, singing, playing piano, crafts, knitting.
2. What is the best gift you've ever gotten?
I got my DSLR camera for this past birthday!
3. Favorite genre of music?
Acoustic music is always wonderful. 
4. What's your favorite thing to cook/bake?
Brownies and cookies :)
5. What's the one thing you won't leave home without (besides car keys and wallet)?
Mittens-it's freezing!
6. What is your top 3 favorite tv shows?
Greys anatomy, Parenthood and Friends
7. Your favorite book?
Kisses from Katie
8. What is something that most people don't know about you?
I've kinda always wanted to start a wedding planning/photography business. 
9. Do you do New Year resolutions? If so, what is one of them for 2013?
Not really. But I'm thinking of starting a 365 photo challenge.
10. What is the number 1 thing that you think everyone should try?
SCUBA diving or rock climbing!
11. What is your most embarrassing moment?  
I don't get embarrassed easily so I don't have one.

Questions from Sara: 
1-What is your zodiac sign?
Leo the Lion
2-If you have to go on a desert island and to take with you just three things, what would you take?
Probably a knife for usefulness, a huge jug of water for sustenance, and a book for pleasure. 
3-Do you smoke?
Nope! Yucky!
4-Your favorite food?
Pasta... so delicious.
5-Your favorite super hero? Why?
I don't really have one :)
6-Have you a lucky number? Which is it?
8 because I was born on 8-8.
7-Sea or mountain?
Both? Probably sea if you made me choose.
8-Your favorite animal?
I love my kitties.
9-Are you a fashion victim?
No! I know my way around style pretty well :)
10-Have you a recurring dream?
No I don't remember my dreams unless I'm sick.
11-What is your favorite transport?
 Plane-minus all the waiting at airports.

Questions from Kaylynn:

1. What is your favorite make up item?
Eye shadow because it's like painting on your eyelid!
2. Are you laid back or high stress?
Depends on the time of the year. I tend to be more laid back... or try to :)
3. What is your favorite TV show?
Parenthood or Greys Anatomy!
4. Favorite article of clothing?
Dresses. I have so many!
5.  Least favorite thing to clean?
My closet.
6. Early bird or night owl?
Night owl. I don't do mornings very well.
7. Baking or Cooking?
Baking-mmm cookies.
8. You have 3 wishes: GO!
I wish for my college decision to be made.
I wish that I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life.
I wish I had an unlimited travel budget.
9. Last movie you saw?
Les Miserables 
10. Final thing you do before going to bed?
Read my bible or a book.
11.  Team Edward or Team Jacob? (haha- couldn't resist :D)
Edward in the books, Jacob in the movie :)

My Questions for the winners:
 1. What is your favorite season (winter, spring, summer or fall)? Why?
2. Would you rather go for a walk or a run?
3. What type of music did you wish you didn't like but you do?
4. Do you have a favorite pair of shoes?
5. Do you like your handwriting?
6. What is your favorite holiday?
7. What was the last thing you ate?
8. Mountain hideaway or beach house?
9. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
10. Where's the farthest place from home you've traveled?
11.  Do you have a special/weird talent?

The 11 winners of the Liebster Award:
Michelle @ Step by Step
Becca @ Beginning with Becca
Rachael @ held by His hand
Jennifer @ A Mothers Heavenly Armor
Leslie @ From a Daughter
Halie @ Penguins, Pasta & Polka Dots
Vanessa @ Vanessa Chloe's World
Meg @ The Kissy Pearl
Pia @ PJM's Closet
Stephanie @ Share the Love
Kayla Rae @ Teaching with a Fashion
Make sure you let me know when you answer my questions. I'd love to read them :)

Thanks again for the nominations Sara, Kindra and Kaylynn! Hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little more. 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I cant wait to start answering these questions, Ill let you know when Ive posted it, and Ill also follow you :)
    Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am done
    http://vanessachloesworld.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/liebster-award.html
    Thanks!
    Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just answered your questions! http://teachingwithafashion.blogspot.com/

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for nominating me! I have scheduled my post w/answers to go up in a few days... you'll have to watch out for it! xo Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading your answers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love reading your comments and respond (via email) to each comment!

Pin It button on image hover